Tuesday, February 06, 2018

What to do? -- A poem for Tuesday


My choice;
Fishing or flying;

Whether to fish or should I fly,  
Those are my choices for today 

Soaring with my friends, my buddies
High above the waters and trails
The clear blue sky above beckons
Beckons for me to be a part


Or should I sit by waters edge
Waiting and hoping for a fish
A small carp may come floating by
Tangy bites for my family 

Flying I'll join Nature's wonders 
Far above or come swooping by
For those below part of their show
There are bugs to catch way up there 


Fishing is relaxing. lean back 
and join with friends, watch for balloons  
Till I see my prey swimming by
Catch it'll make for feasting this day 

Can't resist the lure,
I'll make the big catch 
(written by me, White Crane)
_ _ _ _  

Photos and Poem Copyright, © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 

The photos were taken by me on morning walks in the 'green belt' for flood control. My walk starts at the end of our street, one block from out house.  There are miles of nice walking trails. 

I'm linked with Magaly, at the Imaginary Garden, The Tuesday Platform
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-tuesday-platform.html

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 06, 2018 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I hope you were able to choose one... and then the other.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2018 8:07:00 PM, Blogger WildChild47 said...

fly/fish .... soar in the lines as cast and take wing on the dreams of air in a beautiful big balloon .... imagine a body in motion, weightless ...
interesting play here

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:15:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, but the mystery – which, for you, IS "the big catch"?

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:17:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice options. Either way a wish fulfilled

Much💚love

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:19:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I feel that it's not the catch that matters but the act of being...

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:35:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Living...this is what your poem speaks to me

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Wonderful! I love those water-side birds. Blue herons plentiful around here. Love your poem, Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home