Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thursday Challenge Poem, a "Predicament"

A Monumental Predicament;
 seeing reality through distorted lens
 
"Is it permitted," she asked,
"Five second rule I dare ask
May I blow dust off my crisp
Before it goes in my mouth
 
Or should I open a new
Feed this crisp to my feline
She'd have a tad to much salt
Dust.  Another hair ball start
 
I will not sleep tonight, not
until I know the answer
Monumental problem brews
What O what now shall I do
 
We will ask the cat, she knows
She eats off the floor, sometimes
I watch her, no worries there
O dear, O dear, I will cry."
 


_ _ _ _ _
Photos and Poem Copyright, © 2007 and 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

 - Photo is Amber from my 2007 posting, http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2007/04/cat-whisperer-and-cat-in-window.html . Amber died in 2013 at age 19. 
 - Some other of my blog posts where "cats" have come into play:
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=cat
 - I am linked to 'Fireblossom' at The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, "The Distorted Lens", at
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/09/fireblossom-friday-distorted-lens.html where we are asked to "write from the point of view of someone who is seeing reality through a distorted lens."
 

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Friday, September 22, 2017 6:23:00 AM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Really?

 
At Friday, September 22, 2017 9:25:00 AM, Blogger tonispencer said...

It is always hard to lose a beloved pet. it is even harder to watch madness form.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2017 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I LOVED this! Always consult the cat! Your Amber looks very sweet. She lived a lovely long life, and you must miss her after sharing so many years.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2017 3:33:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

The cat would know... so hard when you cannot ask any more.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2017 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, ask the cat! I have an elderly cat who is leaving me with more questions than answers.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2017 4:43:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Some people worry about everything and if they don't have something to worry about they invent something. In little doses it is annoying. In large doses crippling.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2017 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. That is very funny. I know people who use the five second rule even on the streets of NYC! They should ask the cat! Oh dear. Thanks for the smile. k.

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2017 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Thanks for your kind comment and story of your father. I hope macular degeneration leaves you alone! All best. k.

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:04:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

We will ask the cat, she knows
She eats off the floor

The cats are aware. They have the answers. The humans are the ones lacking!

Hank

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2017 4:32:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Ask the cat, certainly, the feline observes even with nose to the ground.

Thanks for dropping by to read mine Jim

much love...

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2017 6:41:00 AM, Blogger Julian said...

Oh the 5 second rule, I'm sure the all knowing cat will know the purr-fect solution to this conundrum. Enjoyed your poem

 
At Monday, September 25, 2017 1:49:00 PM, Blogger lynn__ said...

I like the photo of your cat and this delightful conundrum...cats certainly practice good hygiene ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home